In a recent announcement, Intel has revealed its strategic collaboration with ASUS, a renowned global technology solution provider, to manufacture, sell, and support the Next Unit of Compute Intel NUC Systems 10th to 13th generations systems product line.
This partnership aims to foster innovation and growth in the ultra-small form factor market and provide uninterrupted service to existing NUC systems customers.
Image Source: Lexica
Table of Contents
Intel’s Shift in Strategy to Empower Ecosystem Partners
- Intel’s decision to pivot its strategy and enable ecosystem partners to drive NUC systems product line innovation stems from their recognition of ASUS’s expertise and track record in delivering industry-leading mini PCs.
- By transferring the responsibility to ASUS, Intel aims to ensure a smooth transition while continuing to support and meet the needs of its valued customers and partners.
|Intel Partners with ASUS to Drive Innovation and Growth in NUC Systems Product Line
|Intel’s Strategy Shift
|Intel pivots its strategy to enable ecosystem partners for intel NUC Systems.
|Intel and ASUS agree on manufacturing, selling, and supporting Intel NUC Systems.
|ASUS’s Expertise and Track Record
|ASUS’s reputation makes it ideal for driving innovation and growth in Intel NUC Systems.
|ASUS ensures excellent support and service for Intel NUC Systems Customers.
|ASUS receives a license to Intel NUC Systems product line designs
|ASUS manufactures, sells, and develops future NUC systems designs
|New Business Unit
|Intel and ASUS acknowledge risks and uncertainties, and do not undertake the duty to update
|Intel and ASUS acknowledge risks and uncertainties and do not undertake the duty to update
Intel NUC Systems Confidence in ASUS’s Capabilities
- Sam Gao, Intel’s vice president, and general manager of Intel Client Platform Solutions, expressed confidence in ASUS’s ability to carry the Intel NUC Systems product line forward successfully.
- ASUS’s strong reputation for delivering exceptional products and commitment to customer support aligns with Intel’s vision for the mini PC market.
- The collaboration is expected to broaden ASUS’s footprint in areas like AI (Artificial Intelligence) and AIoT (Artificial Intelligence of Things), paving the way for further advancements.
ASUS’s Role in the Partnership
- Under the proposed agreement, ASUS will gain a non-exclusive license to Intel’s NUC systems product line designs.
- This license empowers ASUS to manufacture, sell, and develop future designs for the 10th to 13th Gen NUC systems products.
- By establishing a new business unit called ASUS NUC BU, the company ensures a dedicated focus on the NUC systems product line and guarantees product and support continuity for Intel’s NUC systems customers.
- The collaboration between Intel and ASUS marks a significant step in securing the future of the NUC systems product line.
- With ASUS’s expertise and Intel NUC Systems, customers can expect ongoing innovation and growth in the mini PC market.
- Both companies anticipate significant advancements in areas such as AI and AIoT, bolstering their market presence.
- It is important to note that the statements made in this press release contain forward-looking information.
- Intel and ASUS acknowledge the presence of risks and uncertainties that could affect the actual results and benefits of the agreement.
- These risks include the potential delay or failure to reach a definitive agreement, intense competition, rapid technological changes, and other factors described in Intel’s previous filings with the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission).
- Intel does not undertake any obligation to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Q1. What is Intel NUC?
Intel NUC (Next Unit of Computing) is a small form factor computer system created by Intel. It packs powerful hardware components, including a processor, memory, storage, and connectivity, into a compact design. NUC systems are known for their versatility and are often used for various applications, such as home entertainment, digital signage, and small office setups.
Q2. What are the benefits of Intel NUC?
Compact Size: NUC systems are incredibly small and compact, making them ideal for space-constrained environments or portable setups.
Powerful Performance: Despite their small size, Intel NUCs offer impressive performance with powerful processors, ample memory, and fast storage options.
Versatility: NUC systems can be customized to suit specific needs, whether it’s for gaming, media streaming, office productivity, or even as a home server.
Energy Efficiency: Intel NUCs are designed to be energy-efficient, consuming less power while delivering reliable performance, which translates to lower energy costs over time.
Q3. What are the benefits of NUC computers?
The benefits of NUC (Next Unit of Computing) computers include:
Q4. How powerful is a NUC?
NUC (Next Unit of Computing) systems can be quite powerful, depending on the model and configuration. They typically feature advanced Intel processors, including options for high-performance CPUs. Combined with ample memory and fast storage options, NUCs can handle demanding tasks such as gaming, multimedia editing, and productivity applications with relative ease. While they may not match the raw power of larger desktop systems, NUCs offer a compelling balance of size, performance, and versatility.
Q5. How powerful is Intel NUC?
Intel NUC (Next Unit of Computing) systems can offer impressive power despite their compact size. With a range of models available, NUCs can be configured with powerful Intel processors, high-performance graphics, ample memory, and fast storage options. While they may not match the raw power of high-end desktop systems, Intel NUCs are capable of handling demanding tasks such as gaming, multimedia editing, and productivity applications with efficiency and effectiveness.
Q6. How fast is Intel NUC?
Intel NUC (Next Unit of Computing) systems can deliver fast performance thanks to their advanced components. Equipped with powerful Intel processors, fast memory, and high-speed storage options, NUCs can handle tasks swiftly and efficiently. While the speed can vary depending on the specific model and configuration, Intel NUCs are designed to provide responsive and snappy performance for various applications, from everyday computing to multimedia tasks and light gaming.