Apple Banned Threads for Insta from its App Store. The app, which is not the official Threads app, gained significant popularity and became one of the most downloaded apps in several European countries. Created by SocialKit LTD, the app used AI to generate content, but details about the generated posts and the platforms they were developed for remain unclear. In response, Apple removed the app from the App Store and suspended SocialKit LTD from publishing on their platform.
Image Source: 9to5Mac
Table of Contents
Apple Banned Threads for Insta: Fake Threads App Discovered
- Apple Banned Threads for Insta from the App Store. Despite its name, the app is not the official Threads app but an AI-powered content generator.
- TechCrunch reported that the knockoff app became highly popular in several European countries where Meta’s genuine Threads app is not yet available.
- The app, created by SocialKit LTD, generated posts using AI, although specific details about the content and platforms are unclear.
- Apple also suspended SocialKit LTD from publishing on the App Store.
|Apple Removes Fake Threads App
|Apple Banned Threads for Insta from the App Store. The app, created by SocialKit LTD, masqueraded as the official Threads app but was an AI-powered content generator. Apple also suspended SocialKit LTD from publishing on the App Store.
|Surge in Downloads and App Duplication
|Threads for Insta became highly popular, ranking atop the App Store charts in several European countries. Sensor Tower data indicated 300,000 downloads, primarily from European users. Other app dupes, such as “Threads: AI Chatbot & Keyboard” and “Threads by Instagram,” were also discovered.
|Meta’s Threads: Twitter Competitor with Millions of Users
|Meta’s Threads, introduced as a Twitter rival, has amassed over 100 million users since its launch in the United States. Users can access Threads directly from Instagram. However, the release has faced criticism, as deleting Threads necessitates deleting the entire Instagram account.
Surge in Downloads and App Duplication
- Threads for Insta became one of the most downloaded apps on the App Store, topping the charts in various European countries such as Switzerland, Sweden, Germany, France, Spain, and the Netherlands.
- Many users were likely misled into believing it was the official Threads app or a way to access it, given Meta’s delayed availability in the EU.
- Sensor Tower data revealed that the knockoff app was downloaded 300,000 times, primarily by European users.
- Similar dupes, including “Threads: AI Chatbot & Keyboard” and “Threads by Instagram” by Alphabetic, were also identified on the App Store and Google Play store, respectively.
Meta’s Threads: Twitter Competitor with Millions of Users
- Meta’s Threads, introduced as a Twitter rival, has gained significant traction since its launch on July 5 in the United States.
- With over 100 million users, Threads can be accessed directly from Instagram. However, the rollout has not been without issues.
- Meta aims to position Threads as an apolitical and “friendly place,” according to CEO Mark Zuckerberg.
- Yet, the premature release has sparked criticism as users who wish to delete Threads are required to delete their entire Instagram account.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Q1. Why are Instagram threads getting deleted?
Apple Banned Threads for Insta are not getting deleted entirely. However, users who want to remove Threads from their devices need to delete their entire Instagram account. This requirement has sparked criticism, as it poses a challenge for users who only wish to uninstall the Threads app without losing their Instagram account and associated data.
Q2. Why is Instagram not showing in Apple Store?
Instagram is not available in the Apple App Store. It is possible that the absence of Instagram from the App Store may be due to temporary issues, such as technical glitches or updates. Alternatively, it could be a region-specific matter or a result of specific policies or agreements between Instagram and Apple.
Q3. What happens when Apple removes an app from the App Store?
When Apple removes an app from the App Store, it becomes unavailable for download and updates for users. The removal typically occurs due to policy violations, legal concerns, or at the request of the app developer. Once an app is removed, it no longer appears in search results, and existing users can continue to use the app, but they won’t receive any further updates unless the app is reinstated.
Q4. Is Instagram on the Apple App Store?
Yes, Instagram is available on the Apple App Store. Users can download the Instagram app from the App Store and access its features and functionalities on their Apple devices. It is one of the popular social media platforms widely used by individuals to share photos and videos, interact with others, and explore content from around the world.
Q5. Can I still use Instagram threads?
Yes, you can still use Instagram Threads. Instagram Threads is a standalone app developed by Meta (formerly Facebook) that allows users to share photos, videos, and messages with close friends. It is available for download on mobile devices from the respective app stores. However, note that deleting the Threads app may require deleting your entire Instagram account, as they are closely connected.